Yoga came into my life as I turned 40. I was a full time professional and mother juggling work and family and was going through a challenging period in my life with no release, just bottling things up inside. I remember that feeling of peacefulness and bliss at the end of that first yoga class. It was so soothing to my soul and on top of it, my body was feeling alive. Yoga helped me see things through and kept me well and sane, gave me tools to deal with the everyday ups and downs, kept my body healthy and pushed me to look for a better version of me.
My first teachers training (200hrs YTT) was with Yoga Works, with Anna Zorzou in 2017 and then later, another training (200hrs YTT) with The Chakra Yoga Science School, in 2020 . I took these initially, more to deepen my own practice and understanding of yoga. In time I felt I wanted to give some of what I took out of yoga to other people and started to teach.
As I continued to teach, I was seeing more and more, that not all students are the same, many having medical issues and needs, which render a different approach. Which is what led me to my 850 hrs Yoga Therapy diploma with the Yoga Therapy Institute in Amsterdam. I am now a full-time teacher working mostly in Yoga therapy and love to balance out my teaching and practice with yin.
"Our goal in life is not to become perfect Our goal is to become whole"
- Yoga Therapy Diploma- 850 hrs - The Yoga Therapy Institute, Amsterdam - 2021- 2023
- Yin Yoga 40hrs TT – Triyoga London - 2021
- 200hrs YTT - Chakra Yoga Science - 2020
- 200hrs YTT - Yoga Works - 2017
- Yoga therapy tools & techniques for anxiety attacks –July 2022
- Yoga therapy for lumbar herniated disc - June 2022
- Trauma sensitive foundation course– TCTSY Netherlands – October 2021